Oct 20, 2022
COVID-19 Emergency border measures have ended
For all travellers entering Canada by air, land or marine mode on or after October 1, 2022:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required
- COVID-19 pre-entry and arrival tests are not required
- Quarantine after you enter Canada is not required
- Using ArriveCAN is not required
- If you’re flying into Toronto Pearson, Vancouver, Winnipeg or Montréal-Trudeau international airports, you can still use ArriveCAN to complete your Advance CBSA Declaration to save time upon arrival
- Pre-boarding tests for cruise passengers are not required
- As always, travel documents are required
- Health checks to board planes and trains are not required
- Wearing masks on planes and trains is not required
- It’s still strongly recommended that you wear a high quality and well-fitted mask or respirator while you travel
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you shouldn’t travel to Canada.
If you feel sick or experience any symptoms of COVID-19 during your travel to Canada or upon arrival, you should:
- Inform the flight attendant, cruise staff or a border services officer upon arrival. You may be referred to a Quarantine Officer for a health assessment and further direction.
- Avoid taking public transportation
- Check provincial or territorial requirements for what you need to do if you’re symptomatic or have tested positive for COVID-19
Travelling in and out of Canada
- International travel advice and advisories
- COVID-19 and international travel
- Proof of vaccination
- Find out if you need a visa
Wearing masks on planes and trains in Canada is not required.
- It’s still strongly recommended that you wear a high quality and well-fitted mask or respirator while you travel\
Situation in Canada
- COVID-19 guidance, vaccines, limiting the spread
- Summary data about travellers, testing and compliance
The Government of Canada will continue to monitor the situation. See the COVID-19 border measures backgrounder.
Apr 01, 2022
Grace Transport will cover the cost of your AZ licence
“Grace Transport Inc. is proud to be one of a handful of companies that pay for an AZ licence in Canada. We have tailored our driver certification program to guide new and aspiring drivers to be the best at what […]
Mar 28, 2022
(Play) Retro throwback – Cross Country Canada (MS-DOS, 1991)
In 1991, classrooms around the country hosted a gold mine of simple, but entertaining PC games. Usually a group of friends would crowd around a single machine in the classroom or library to help play these engaging games. Many professional […]
Mar 07, 2022
International Women’s Day
March 8th is International Women’s Day! In the office or behind the wheel, incredible women make Grace Transport Inc. and the trucking industry stronger. In Canada, women truck drivers only make up roughly 3% of the driving workforce and roughly […]
Jan 14, 2022
ArriveCAN – Allowing Single Submission for Essential Workers Crossing the Border
Exempt essential travel requirements – ArriveCan (Source: Canada.com)
Note: You will be asked for your vaccination status. To retrieve your Vaccination status please visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/get-proof/
As of November 30, 2021, all exempt essential service providers have to provide their vaccination status in ArriveCAN. This must be done even if you’re allowed to enter as unvaccinated. If you’re a vaccinated essential service provider, you’ll have to answer questions about your vaccine(s), including manufacturer,
country received, date received, and upload your proof of vaccination.
Exempt essential travellers include those travelling as/for:
• most essential service providers (including emergency service providers and marine researchers)
• cross-border work (you regularly cross the border to work)
• medical and health care support (for example, a health care practitioner, to receive medical care, or to transport medical equipment or supplies)
• trade and transport (for example, a truck driver or crew member on any aircraft, shipping vessel, or train)
• people who live in integrated trans-border communities
Until January 15, 2022, if an exempt essential traveller isn’t vaccinated, they’ll still be able to get an ArriveCAN receipt. After January 15, 2022, they must be fully vaccinated to get an ArriveCAN receipt, unless they’re exempt from the vaccination requirement. Most travellers who are currently exempt from quarantine will also need to be fully vaccinated to enter Canada. They’ll also be required to upload their proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN.
Reusable receipt for exempt essential traveller
If your travel is related to any of the above mentioned travel purposes, you can save time by creating a reusable receipt.
Enter your information once and reuse your receipt for each entry into Canada.
You’re no longer required to enter information about your port of entry, or date and time of arrival.
If you previously created a reusable ArriveCAN receipt, you ’ll be required to download the latest version of the ArriveCAN mobile app or sign in to the web version after November 30, 2021. You’ll need to re-submit all of your information, including the newly required information on proof of vaccinations, to get a new exempt reusable ArriveCAN receipt.
Apart from this requirement, you may only need to resubmit your information if the border services officer determines that:
• you’re not travelling for exempt essential travel
• you’re travelling for non-essential reasons (for example, discretionary travel)
• your information in ArriveCAN changes (for example, your travel history)
Dec 23, 2021
Thinking of getting your AZ licence through our Driver Certification Program?
Thinking of getting your AZ licence through our Driver Certification Program? Here’s what some of our DCP grads have to say about their experience. “The training I received was fantastic, you couldn’t ask for a better person to learn […]
Dec 10, 2021
Cold Weather Driving Considerations
Winter Driving Tips for Truck Drivers If you’re a professional driver in Canada, you’re aware of how quickly conditions can change. Here are some things we can do to improve our chances of staying safe on the road this winter: […]
Oct 21, 2021
Fresh new look!
ANNOUNCING THE LAUNCH OF OUR NEW WEBSITE We are very excited to announce the launch of our newly designed website. Visit us at www.gracetrasport.com. After many weeks of hard work and dedication, we are delighted to officially make the announce! We […]