Passionate about trucks and looking for a great career?
Grace Transport Inc. offers a Drivers Certification Program where you can gain your licence and career all in one place.
The Driver Certification Program will get you your AZ licence, a completed apprenticeship as a 638A Tractor-Trailer Commercial Driver and a lifelong trucking career.
The first phase of the program consists of 6 weeks. The first 2 weeks is in the classroom where you will learn about the theory and write for your air brake endorsement (Z). The next four weeks will be mentorship in-cab training with a certified trainer where you will learn all the hands-on techniques and get comfortable with our equipment and customers.
The second phase of the program consists of 3000 hours of logged driving time. During this time you will be compensated as a full-time employee and also receive our company-paid benefits and retirement.
Read what some of our graduates have to say about the program!
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid G licence.
- Must have a valid travel document and willing to cross the border.
- Current drivers abstract with no more than three (3) demerit points or two (2) moving violations.
- MTO Medical that meets requirements including vision.
- DOT pre-employment drug test with negative result.
- Required to be away from home for 4-7 days per week.
- Clean criminal record check
- $500 fee for training materials (all other training fees covered by Grace Transport Inc.)
- High school diploma is an asset
Grace Transport Inc. located in Strathroy Ontario is a family-owned business that has operated for over 25 years and has since grown to include an experienced team of professional drivers and support staff. At Grace, we have been focused on our employees from the onset and believe them to be of the highest value of any of our assets. Our employees and the commitment we share with them drive our business and together we strive to provide our customers with first-class service, on-time at reasonable rates. We would like to invite you to explore our Driver Certification Program further by contacting us!
Still have Questions?Reach out to our recruiting manager.
- Phone: 1-800-290-3017 ext 900