ArriveCAN – Allowing Single Submission for Essential Workers Crossing the Border
Exempt essential travel requirements – ArriveCan (Source: Canada.com)
Note: You will be asked for your vaccination status. To retrieve your Vaccination status please visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/get-proof/
As of November 30, 2021, all exempt essential service providers have to provide their vaccination status in ArriveCAN. This must be done even if you’re allowed to enter as unvaccinated. If you’re a vaccinated essential service provider, you’ll have to answer questions about your vaccine(s), including manufacturer,
country received, date received, and upload your proof of vaccination.
Exempt essential travellers include those travelling as/for:
• most essential service providers (including emergency service providers and marine researchers)
• cross-border work (you regularly cross the border to work)
• medical and health care support (for example, a health care practitioner, to receive medical care, or to transport medical equipment or supplies)
• trade and transport (for example, a truck driver or crew member on any aircraft, shipping vessel, or train)
• people who live in integrated trans-border communities
Until January 15, 2022, if an exempt essential traveller isn’t vaccinated, they’ll still be able to get an ArriveCAN receipt. After January 15, 2022, they must be fully vaccinated to get an ArriveCAN receipt, unless they’re exempt from the vaccination requirement. Most travellers who are currently exempt from quarantine will also need to be fully vaccinated to enter Canada. They’ll also be required to upload their proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN.
Reusable receipt for exempt essential traveller
If your travel is related to any of the above mentioned travel purposes, you can save time by creating a reusable receipt.
Enter your information once and reuse your receipt for each entry into Canada.
You’re no longer required to enter information about your port of entry, or date and time of arrival.
If you previously created a reusable ArriveCAN receipt, you ’ll be required to download the latest version of the ArriveCAN mobile app or sign in to the web version after November 30, 2021. You’ll need to re-submit all of your information, including the newly required information on proof of vaccinations, to get a new exempt reusable ArriveCAN receipt.
Apart from this requirement, you may only need to resubmit your information if the border services officer determines that:
• you’re not travelling for exempt essential travel
• you’re travelling for non-essential reasons (for example, discretionary travel)
• your information in ArriveCAN changes (for example, your travel history)
Disclaimer: This information accurate at the time of publishing. Please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html for the latest from the government of Canada.
Content contained in this article is for information purposes only.