COVID-19 Emergency border measures have ended
For all travellers entering Canada by air, land or marine mode on or after October 1, 2022:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required
- COVID-19 pre-entry and arrival tests are not required
- Quarantine after you enter Canada is not required
- Using ArriveCAN is not required
- If you’re flying into Toronto Pearson, Vancouver, Winnipeg or Montréal-Trudeau international airports, you can still use ArriveCAN to complete your Advance CBSA Declaration to save time upon arrival
- Pre-boarding tests for cruise passengers are not required
- As always, travel documents are required
- Health checks to board planes and trains are not required
- Wearing masks on planes and trains is not required
- It’s still strongly recommended that you wear a high quality and well-fitted mask or respirator while you travel
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you shouldn’t travel to Canada.
If you feel sick or experience any symptoms of COVID-19 during your travel to Canada or upon arrival, you should:
- Inform the flight attendant, cruise staff or a border services officer upon arrival. You may be referred to a Quarantine Officer for a health assessment and further direction.
- Avoid taking public transportation
- Check provincial or territorial requirements for what you need to do if you’re symptomatic or have tested positive for COVID-19
Travelling in and out of Canada
- International travel advice and advisories
- COVID-19 and international travel
- Proof of vaccination
- Find out if you need a visa
Wearing masks on planes and trains in Canada is not required.
- It’s still strongly recommended that you wear a high quality and well-fitted mask or respirator while you travel\
Situation in Canada
- COVID-19 guidance, vaccines, limiting the spread
- Summary data about travellers, testing and compliance
The Government of Canada will continue to monitor the situation. See the COVID-19 border measures backgrounder.
Disclaimer: This information accurate at the time of publishing. Please visit https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid for the latest from the government of Canada. Content contained in this article is for information purposes only.